Leading European retailer with sites across the UK and a base in Northampton.
- To be the development lead, to support the ongoing development and improvement of warehouses across the UK and including Northampton, formulating sound working relationships between senior stakeholders and the on site operational team
- Conduct solutions design and analytical work working with operational teams to validate designs to obtain credibility, as well as presenting basic financial models
- Act as project manager for chosen initiatives, including detailed project planning and governance including risk management and progress reporting, through to handover to operational teams
- Presentation of project proposals risks, progress and ultimate outputs to senior stakeholders
- Act as a continuous improvement lead for current operations, addressing team process concerns and identifying opportunities for efficiencies across the operation. Conduct thorough root cause analysis and subsequent implementation and embedding of operational process change
The successful Interim Operations Development Manager will have:
- Specialism in warehousing process improvement projects gained over a 5yr+ career within Logistics Distribution and Supply Chain.
- Evidence experience of a retail warehousing operation, ideally with both store/branch network and home delivery capability.
- Experience of complex warehouse development projects
- Good attention to detail and ability to compile complex business case documents
- Sound operational understanding to engage with site teams, and validate solution designs
- Ability to present internally and externally, clearly outlining logic, approach, and conclusions and recommendations
- Knowledge of PRINCE2 format.
- Ability to be based from a key location in Northampton.
- Be able to start immediately - candidates with more than 1 week notice period will not be considered.
The successful Interim Operations Development Manager will be offered a daily rate of between £40,000 and £45,000 dependent on experience within Logistics Distribution and Supply Chain.