The Senior Buyer is responsible for Project Supply chain specific categories/suppliers within the UK and Global Operations. You will act as the intermediary between the supplier and the business representing both the company both internally and externally on all supply and logistics issues.Client Details
My client is one of the largest suppliers for the food and beverage processing industry with over 15,000 employees worldwide and operating in over 50 countries. My client is seeking an Interim Senior Buyer to join their team at the Eastleigh site in Southampton team for a rolling interim contract.Description
- Take a steering role in the local project supply chain team as well as a contributor in day to day operational buying activities.
- Establish, limit, maintain and develop the supplier matrix portfolio in consultation with strategic procurement, engineering, operations and service.
- Drive continuous improvement projects within the supply base and deliver cost reduction and quality enhancements.
- Monitor, drive and improve upon KPI's, report spend data to Global Operations
- Negotiation skills
- Commercial skills
- Technical insight within an engineering team
- Project management skills