Leading pharmaceutical distributor with a national presence and key location in Hertfordshire.
The successful Interim Transport Project Manager will:
- Provide interim operational leadership to the transport team in ensuring improvement of service levels to customers across the region.
- Play a key role in the attraction and retention of new drivers, proposing innovative ideas and leading driver engagement activities.
- Conduct thorough project planning and business case preparation for the short and long term fleet management and replacement strategy.
- Play a key role in supporting the Head of Operations during a transition programme of network rationalisation and process change across the transport operation.
- Ensure the creation and effective documentation of SOP's across planning and compliance, to then begin driving communication of this standardisation across the national network.
- Project management the TUPE operation of a recent integration.
The successful Interim Transport Project Manager will have:
- At least 10 years operational grounding in transport operations, ideally within complex environments such as automotive, food or pharma.
- Have a demonstrable track record of delivering change and improvements within these operations, showing capability in planning, fleet, compliance, customer service, telematics and driver retention.
- Have a passion for service, having worked in an environment where OTIF is paramount and demonstrating ability in this area to increase and ensure timely delivery to customers.
- Be able to demonstrate experience in end to end project management, from business case preparation through to successful delivery and hand over.
- Be able to interview this week, starting on Monday and commutable within the Hertfordshire area.
- Be able to travel nationally as required.
The successful Interim Transport Project Manager will be offered between £300 and £400pd dependent on experience within Logistics Distribution and Supply Chain.