Leading retailer with a base in the East Midlands, with a national network undergoing a long term change programme.
The successful Interim Warehouse Implementation Manager will:
- Lead a small team of operational project managers based across the East Midlands, driving a national programme of change to the network of warehouses.
- Provide input into the warehouse infrastructure design, solutions are operationally viable and efficient.
- Input into, evaluate and sign off business cases
Lead project planning and initiation, developing and managing scope, approach, budget, resource, governance, risk management and delivery.
Lead the development of the detailed operating solution from the initial site assessments to fully documented ways of working and necessary processes and SOPs.
Manage the governance of each project to ensure successful delivery, maintaining visibility of progress and risk
Act as the key implementation liaison, collaborating, engaging and aligning with senior warehouse, transport and store leadership teams
Provide operational subject matter expertise and project management input into other projects as required
Lead the Implementation Team to achieve the above objectives, ensuring they are recruited, trained and supported to deliver.
Lead the team in all aspects of infrastructure implementation delivery to time, quality, service level achievement and benefits delivery. Coordinate and manage key stakeholders needing to support, including:
Functions - Operations, Group Property, IT, Finance, HR, H&S
External Suppliers - as required
The successful Interim Warehouse Implementation Manager will have:
- At least 10 years experience within Logistics Distribution and Supply Chai
- A proven track record of project delivery, including warehouse infrastructure and process changes, transport resource transition, technology/ automation and process improvement.
- Demonstrate project management skills, understanding of PRINCE2 methodology including formal governance, GANT charts, risk logs and flash reports.
- Have lead change projects in a retail environment, ideally a multi-channel offering.
- Have lead small teams of people, able to demonstrate leadership qualities and an interest in upskilling.
- Be able to start at short notice and commit to a contract of 12 months.
- Be based in the East Midlands and able to work nationally, travelling at potential short notice and staying away from home regularly.
The successful Interim Warehouse Implementation Manager will be offered a commitment of 12 months, on an equivalent salary of between £65,000 and £75,000. Daily rate equivalents will be considered, dependent on experience within Logistics Distribution and Supply Chain.