Leading 3PL organisation with a national prescence requires an experience Interim Warehouse Start Up Project Manager to lead a new site build, with WMS implementation, for a key customer based in the Suffolk area.
Leading 3PL organisation with a national presence.
About You - You will be an experienced Programme Manager who has led significant change in logistics / 3PL organisations across a number of sectors. You will have experience of independently managing the following areas and have competency in:
Risk management - All aspects of a formal risk management process, including the continual use of risk management tools and documents, throughout Major programme. Demonstrates qualitative and quantitative methods to assess risk; the combination of different risks; hierarchies of risk (e.g. to project, programme, portfolio, organisation); risk responses; iterative nature of response planning
Change control - All aspects of the change control process throughout major programme. Demonstrates how and when to update relevant plans, schedules and communications to reflect approved changes; and how and when to manage approved changes within the configuration management system.
Budget management - All aspects of cost planning and estimating, reporting, forecasting and controlling, including taking corrective cost actions for major project or programme over £600k
Requirements and feasibility - The full WMS requirements, working alongside the chosen provider, internal IT teams and operational teams.
Quality management -All aspects of quality management, including developing a full quality plan, organising quality assurance activities, implementing detailed quality control, and capturing lessons learned for a major programme
Stakeholder engagement -The formal stakeholder engagement process throughout major programme including personally influencing the views of key stakeholders, and amending stakeholder management plans.
Project Planning, Organisation and Governance - Designed and implemented the governance structures, delivery organisation and support office roles for a major programme.
The successful Interim Warehouse Start Up Project Manager must have:
- At least 10 years within Logistics Distribution and Supply Chain
- A proven track record of project delivery in Warehouse and WMS related changes, including brownfield and greenfield site start ups.
- Project Management qualification or significant evidence of adhering to a formal governance structure, with appropriate tools and methods for effective progress tracking and risk management.
- Have managed stakeholders and customers at board level, demonstrating influence and credibility.
- Be flexible to travel and be available on site 5 days a week, as the project schedule requires.
- Be available to start within the month of March, with no longer than a week notice period if currently not immediately available.
The successful Interim Warehouse Start Up Project Manager will be offered a daily rate of between £400 and £550pd dependent on experience within Logistics Distribution and Supply Chain. Expenses will be offered dependent on location, the successful candidate will be expected to be on location in Suffolk 5 days per week.