My client is a leading Freight and Parcel Forwarding specialist the who have a network of sites across the UK. Due to growth of their freight forwarding and parcel side of the business, they now require an International Transport Planner to support growth across the Leicester facility.
The role of International Transport Planner has a number of objectives:
- Completing the necessary reviews of and ongoing maintenance of delivery routes
- Responsible for all aspects of the business's Transport Planning
- Working alongside operational management on distribution strategy
- Completion of exercises to drive up both on-time deliveries & route efficiency
- Planning and supporting the delivery routes at all depots on a day to day basis.
- The completion of day to day route changes in both the core transport plan
- It is essential you are comfortable using a variety with I.T. technologies.
- The department uses routing & scheduling software on a day to day basis and it is essential you have working experience routing software.
- The team also uses MS Office extensively with Excel being a mainstay of the working day.
- Have experience in a Logistics Distribution and Supply Chain environment.
To be considered for the role of International Transport Planner you MUST be able to demonstrate:
- 3+ years experience within Logistics Distribution and Supply Chain.
- 3+ years experience of International Transport Planning
- Be able to communicate with confidence and be able to present your work in a clear and concise manner
- To be organised and be able to work to strict deadlines in a fast moving environment
- Ability to build working relationships and form part of a small hard working team supporting one another is vital along with a clear willingness to get involved and learn from others
- Excellent IT Skills on Excel and Microsoft packages
- Preferred working knowledge of road traffic, tacho & other relevant transport legislation.
- Commutable to Leicestershire.
This position offers:
- £27,000 to £30,000
- Company bonus scheme
- Pension scheme
- 23 days Holiday + 8 Bank Holidays
- Additional company benefits