IT Category Lead - Reading - £80K
A highly complex & unique manufacturing company are going through a major transformation to transition from a tactical function to implement a strategic category management model. As part of this transformation, the client are looking to recruit a Senior leader within IT Procurement to create and implement the category strategy across the IT portfolio whilst leading & coaching the IT category team.
Location: Reading, Berkshire
Title: IT Category Lead
Salary: Up to £80k + Healthcare + very competitive Pension + 25 days + Flexible working
**Due to the nature of my client, you will need to be able obtain SC clearance
- To provide expertise and leadership in the Information Technology (Software and Hardware) sourcing category, including market knowledge and sourcing best practice
- To define and deliver the IT Category Plan and identify appropriate sourcing strategies on a rolling programme of areas to be addressed which generate benefits and achieve financial savings whilst mitigating risk
- To setup and execute strategic and/or complex sourcing projects through the full procurement lifecycle, including (senior) stakeholder management
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Experience in setting up a category plan and/or sourcing strategy in a technology environment which focusses on both short term savings and risk mitigation as well as long term commercial opportunities
- Demonstrated ability to lead negotiations and support in the development of negotiation strategies for large and complex projects and contracts projects in a technology sector, preferably IT
- Well-developed negotiation skills in a IT/technology category underpinned by detailed contract knowledge, including complex service scope and SLAs
- Experience in working in a high-performance, fast-pace organization where individual performance is not only measured at the individual but also at the team level
- Strong leadership qualities and excellent influencing and interpersonal skills
If the IT Category Lead role is of interest, please give Brad Mills a call on 01483 212 190 or apply through the link below.