My client is a new global fin-tech business that is a joint venture between two major players. They are an exciting business which already have traction with a number of partners across sectors and regions. In procurement they are looking for individuals who will help accelerate their growth and make a real commercial impact to the business
The key responsibilities of the IT Infrastructure Services Sourcing Manager are:-
- Provide commercial leadership for all spend relating to field services and IT infrastructure spend
- Partner with the internal Vendor Management who run the field services contracts on a day to day basis
- Analyse and report on spend to identify, build sponsorship for and pursue new savings opportunities
- Be proactive on all matters
- Have the desire and ability to "challenge the status quo" constructively and in partnership with stakeholders
- Partners with stakeholders to be their Sourcing Account Manager, reviews 3rd party spend and agree appropriate projects (and delivers those projects). Knows their supply base inside out.
- Work with Vendor Management to implement KPIs and reporting for new deals
- Be a team player within the global Sourcing team
- Ensure priorities are handled effectively by modifying plans and actions in your own area of accountability, escalate early to manager. Will not miss deadlines.
- Develop and manage a project against a plan and objectives to ensure commitments are met by monitoring, assessing, and resolving variances in budget, timing or quality of work
- Able to support, educate and mentor other team members
- Able to work without supervision
- Disciplined to manage and complete required admin tasks (such as project reporting and timely updates to sourcing systems such as Ariba)
The successful IT Infrastructure Services Sourcing Manager will demonstrate:-
- Knowledge of the IT infrastructure and hardware categories and supply markets
- Working knowledge of technology software suppliers in security, marketing, development, database
- Professional written and verbal communication skills.
- Advanced knowledge of software and licensing contract terminology
- Proven negotiation skills
- Excellent project management skills
- Knowledge of sourcing principles and process
- Excellent relationship management skills
This is a uniquely exciting IT Infrastructure Services Sourcing Manager opportunity to join a new massive global business that is operating with a start-up mentality. There is an abundance of opportunity for procurement to make a significant impact of the future of the business.