Outside of Scope Your new company
I'm working with a Public Sector body who are based in Reading. Your new role
The role is to assist customers to deliver value effectively and innovatively in order to meet the customer organisations outcomes and objectives, whilst also fulfilling its Spending Review targets. The post-holder will be required to award and monitor high value, high risk contracts in accordance with commercial policies and procedures. They will be expected to deliver propriety and value for money whilst applying the Commercial DNA principles.
The role will provide strategic support to the team, and involve promoting commercial policies and procedures, influencing the final outcomes, and providing advice to the business on commercial issues and governance. The post holder will be expected to engage with National Colleagues, building the Commercial network both internally and though the wider internal network. What you'll need to succeed
- This role is a key role within the Commercial team and may be asked to work in a number of different commercial areas
- Accountable, at the appropriate level, for provision of day to day advice on commercial issues and governance, taking full account of risk, exploiting commercial opportunities and maximising value of money and savings, contributing to the Commercial groups savings target
What you need to do now
- Responsible for the use of leading practice commercial tools to develop and implement the commercial strategies
- Responsible for the management of more complex
- Responsible for the management and development of key supplier relationships to deliver exceptional performance in cost service and quality
- Responsible for the establishment and maintenance of excellent relationships within customer organisation and with key stakeholders, raising the profile of commercial activity within customer organisations.
- Participate in the production of National/European Commercial standards and guidance to inform the business and improve commercial implementation, promoting commercial principles and influencing policy where appropriate
- Represent the Commercial team at senior management meetings and in category meetings deputising for Category Manager as required.
- Accountable for the management of mentoring and support to colleagues and team members (where appropriate) equipping them with the knowledge and skills to deliver their work in an effective and efficient manner.
- Accountable for the use of Commercial and contract management IT systems and applications, and approval of the work of others who are using these
- Responsible for own continuous professional development and keeping up to date on legislation, best practice and develop industry knowledge and commercial understanding within a commercial category, and using this knowledge to support development of the Category and Sub category plans
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.