IT Procurement Manager
Role based in Peterborough
£39,000 per annum + Generous Holiday, Pension, On site sports facilities, Flexi-time, Free parking onsite , Career progression Opportunities, Annual salary review.
A market leading organisation based in Peterborough, are now looking for IT Purchasing Manager in a varied and exciting new role. This impressive outfit are offering free parking, bonus, rising holiday and a chance to work in an open and creative environment. This is a highly influential role where the successful candidate will be driving forward key procurement initiatives within the organisation.
Key Duties will include:
· Provide advice on the development of contractual arrangements and competitive procedures and ensuring this are aligned with UK and EU Procurement Legislation
· Implement the procurement strategy and ensuring this meets business objectives
· Liaising with of stakeholders including customers, contractors and consultants,
· Identifying significant opportunities to reduce costs, reduce operational and commercial risks and increase value via the collection and interpretation of detailed and complex information
· Negotiate with and influence suppliers to achieve improved service and quality
· Take an active role in leading development of innovative procurement strategies against defined commodity areas assigned.
· Work with both suppliers and operational areas of the business to explore and investigate opportunities where costs can be reduced, quality improved and processes simplified
· Ensure that contracts within your area of responsibility deliver full life value for money
· Ensure procurement activity delivers against procurement strategy and assigned portfolio
· Provide advice and guidance relating to procurement regulations to the wider organisation.
· Audit of requisitions for Departments as assigned to ensure appropriate procedures, regulations and legislation has been followed
The following procurement skills are required:-
• Strong negotiation and communication skills
• The ability to learn and progress on fast within a company
• CIPS qualification