Junior Buyer - Manufacturing and Production - PrestonClient Details
My client is a Manufacturing and Production business based in Preston, who are looking for a Junior Buyer to join there team. This company is well established within there market and are looking for a Junior Buyer who is wanting to progress and develop within the role and business.Description
The key responsibilities for this Junior Buyer role based in Preston will be;
- Place and Chase orders across a breadth of material spend.
- Liaise with other disciplines within the business to ensure there is clear site of stock and availability and minimise risk due through communication.
- Communicate with suppliers to manage the purchasing process from placement of orders through to delivery.
- Support the Purchasing Manager as and when needed on other ad hoc duties.
- Maintain and update the MRP system as and when required.
The successful candidate for this Junior Buyer role within manufacturing and production will be the following;
- Have 2 years plus experience in a purchasing and supply chain role within manufacturing.
- Have a knowledge of MRP systems would be beneficial but as a minimum being competent with Excel is needed.
- Be willing to throw them selves into the role, with a want to progress and develop including taking on additional responsibilities once settled.
- A degree would be beneficial and CIPS is desirable
£18,000 to £22,000 + Package