Leading distributor with a base in Coventry, specialising in fast paced b2c delivery.
- Reporting in to our Lean Implementation Manager, you and your colleagues will be key to the role out of the Lean Continuous Improvement Framework. You will work operationally with site and senior Managers to successfully embed the frame work during short and long term projects.
- Your work will initially focused on our Depot network but as the cultural change progresses you will begin to work with the wider business including Customer Services, our Head Office function and our Field Division.
- You will have the rare opportunity to work cross-functionally with all parts of the business.
- Using your experience and influencing skills, you will coach Managers & Employees on how to embed tools & techniques from the employee Lean/CI toolkit into their day to day practice and improvement initiatives.
- Your will work on projects across a variety of areas including: Capability & Compliance, Process Maturity, Culture & Behaviours, Project Delivery Focus and Change and Communication so you must be able to combine your Structured Problem Solving, Change Leadership, and Process Improvement skills to identify and implement solutions that lead to measurable and sustainable benefits.
The successful Lean Implementation Project Manager will have:
- At least 5 years experience within logistics distribution and supply chain.
- Have operational leadership experience within warehousing in a fast paced environment, for example FMCG, Food, Fashion, Parcels or automotive.
- Demonstrate a proven track record in the implementation of a Lean tool kit, utilising tools including value stream mapping and Kaizen workshops.
- Be a minimum of Green belt qualified in Lean six sigma, those certified Lean experts or black belt qualified/certified will be considerably favoured.
- Must show evidence of end to end implementation of Lean processes, from root cause analysis to go live hand over, including the creation and leadership of training of employees and 'hyper care' post project.
- Must be flexible to travel nationally where required, ranging from overnight stays to 12 weekly on site projects where you will be required to relocate.
The successful Lean Implementation Project Manager will be offered between £40,000 and £55,000 dependent on experience within Logistics distribution and supply chain. This is an opportunity to join a newly formed, board sponsored team within one of the largest distributors in the UK.