Our client imports food from around the world and a supplies to the leading food retailers in the UK.
In the role of Shipping and logistics manager you will be responsible for the following:
- Managing and tracking all shipments within the supply chain from point of supply up to delivery to customer, ensuring any problems that may arise are resolved promptly to reduce any delay
- Liaising with relevant parties in preparing shipping instructions and tracking shipments
- Ensuring that all incoming documentation is processed correctly and that all checklists are fully completed
- Making all relevant enquiries to ensure import documentation is correct and compliant with current regulations
- Managing the day to day operation of the logistics, warehouse and shipping functions ensuring delivery of short term daily scheduling and longer-term capacity planning
- Maintaining stock sheets which will enable the department to produce timely and accurate demand forecasts so that the company can meet the customers' requirements
- Ensuring the management and control of costs through the supply chain, identifying opportunities to minimise cost and improve service.
- Managing all elements of logistics costs including freight, handling and storage, demurrage and distribution.
The right candidate for this role will have at least 4 - 5 years' experience in Supply Chain (shipping, logistics and warehousing), ideally within a FMCG environment and will have a good knowledge of international shipping. Candidates must be educated to degree standard or above. Candidates that have completed an additional graduate programme are encouraged to apply. You will require fantastic people managements skills, be able to communicate effectively at all levels and be highly organised.
You receive a competitive salary and benefits along with the chance to join a stable and secure business which has delivered consistent performances for over 40 years and is recognised as an industry leader.