Our client are an importer of Food from around the world. They operate a highly successful and profitable business and are considered a leader in their area. You will join a dynamic and fast-paced environment, developing and leading a team of three.
You will be responsible for all shipping to the UK and for clearance & delivery to warehouse and for inland haulage to customer depots.
- Managing and tracking all shipments up to delivery to customer, ensuring any problems that may arise are resolved promptly to reduce any delay
- Liaising with relevant parties in preparing shipping instructions and tracking shipments
- Ensuring that all incoming documentation is processed correctly and that all checklists are fully completed
- Making all relevant enquiries to ensure import documentation is correct and compliant with current regulations
- Managing the day to day operation of the logistics, warehouse and shipping functions ensuring delivery of short term daily scheduling and longer-term capacity planning
- Maintaining stock sheets which will enable the department to produce timely and accurate demand forecasts so that the company can meet the customers' requirements
- Working with Sales and Marketing and other internal teams to ensure accurate and up to date sales forecasts reflect any last-minute changes to forecast based on business requirements.
- Ensuring the management and control of costs through the supply chain, identifying opportunities to minimise cost and improve service.
- Managing all elements of supply chain costs including freight, handing and storage, demurrage and distribution.
- Reviewing and assessing all current processes and ways of working
- Developing improvement projects based on the findings
- Looking for innovative new ways of doing things, where scope for improvement is identified
The ideal candidate will have 4 - 5 years' experience in Supply Chain (shipping, logistics and warehousing), ideally within a FMCG environment. You will have a good academic record, ideally 2.1 or above in a relevant business degree. You will required strong communication and interpersonal skills, both written and verbal. You will be natural leader and have the ability to motivate those around you. Candidates must be highly organized with excellent attention to details. The ability to work collaboratively with those around is key and as such the role will remain working from the office full time. Candidate wishing to be considered must live with a 1 hour commute of Redhill.
You will join a highly successful and profitable business and will receive a competitive salary.