My client is a world-leading, third party logistics business, in the Burton-on-Trent area. Their products are known across the global and have both a high-end USP and a green footprint within their design. Due to maternity cover, my client is actively looking to recruit a Logistics Assistant in the Burton-on-Trent area.
As a Logistics Assistant you will report into the Commercial Contracts team, supporting heavily the logistics and financial functions of the business. Your direct line manager will be the Logistics Operations Manager. You will assist with the following processes and projects:
- Transport carrier invoicing, operational consumables and PO raising.
- Investigate and resolve transport and haulage invoices and assist in problematic payments.
- Liaise with internal stakeholders and suppliers on a daily basis to help resolve daily queries.
- Record invoice data daily within a logistics tracker.
- Track logistics KPI's metrics and report back to the Contract & Logistics management team.
- Track PO's and match against invoice costs.
- Book daily travel and transport for theUK wide management team.
- Be a single point of contact for all on-site visitors.
- Perform ad-hoc administration and logistics duties across the warehousing & transport functions.
The successful Logistics Assistant will have the following skills & attributes and be commutable to the Burton-on-Trent area:
- Experienced in either a logistics or financial background with at least 18 months experience.
- Available for a 9 month FTC, with the possibility of an increase.
- Experience with Microsoft office, ideally within Excel.
- Prepared to work under your own initiative and a high paced environment.
- An excellent communicator in both written and verbal skills.