My client is in the Logistics Distribution and Supply Chain sector. They are a Freight Forwarding operation distributing all across the globe.
The Logistics Co-ordinator in Cardiff must have experience in..
- Understanding and organising the shipment of goods; e.g. assess how the cargo can be safely removed from the seller/shipper's facility
- Aridly to manage and instruct Carriers and vendors
- Qualify the mode of transport according to the clients requirements such as Sea, Road or Air Freight
- Identify the type of packing specific for the shipment mode
- Can understand and communicate internally with sales teams
- Properly identify which party is responsible for paying for and managing the shipment, insurance, documentation, customs clearance, and other logistics activities.
- Have an understand in regards to changes with Brexit laws
- Negotiating prices and terms with vendors; riggers, packers, carriers, NVOCCs, agents (local and international), booking cargo space, understanding terms of payment.
- Managing customs clearance procedures, Understanding customs borders, import duty/VAT/deferment accounts, HMRC tariff (HS code classification), preparing commercial invoices/packing lists, certificates of origin, EUR1s, applying for export licenses.
- Managing transport documents and insurance paperwork: Instructing Carriers and agents in the preparation of Bills of Lading (HBL, OBL, original and non-negotiable), Air Waybills and Insurance terms.
- Monitoring and communicating real-time shipment status to buyers and their agents, incl continuous monitoring from start to finish.
- Good range of knowledge of country specific requirements; eg Hungary (EKAER), USA (ISF Filing), completing VAT entry certificates (various EU) etc.
- Letter of Credit shipments Some experience or understanding of preparing documents for surrender to banks for L/C transactions.
The Logistics Co-ordinator will be...
- Ability to work independently and also as part of a team
- Customer service, communication, negotiation, mediation skills
- Planning and organisational ability
- Geographical knowledge
- Ability to remain focused, flexible and calm under pressure
- Ability to use key IT systems
- Ability to work to tight deadline
The Logistics Co-ordinator will receive...
- A salary of up to £40,000 depending on experience
- The ability to work from home
- Monday to Friday Day Shifts
- Pension Scheme
- 25+8 Days Holiday