The client I'm representing are a fast-moving, high SKU based manufacturing business, based near Wakefield.
The Logistics Coordinator will have the following responsibilities:
- Managing all kick outs where invoices from carriers do not match the price in our system and follow up with carriers.
- Supporting analysis of carrier performance/service data and report carrier performance problems to the Logistics Regional Leaders for information
- Identifying and executing cost-saving/service-improving initiative. Identify cartage and shuttle cost saving possibilities and renegotiate contract with carrier.
- Work closely with production planning to determine most effective planning and execution of shuttling process.
- Transport rates in our Transport Management System: add new tradelanes, update Fuel Surcharge, maintain Ocean Freight rates, etc.
- Commodity code and import duty rates
- Carrier code maintenance, etc.
- Setting up parts / stock on MDL from a Warehouse Management perspective
- Take the role of lead contact and liaise with planning, production and 3rd party warehousing provider
- Ensure clear communication between production, planning and warehousing to meet all shipping deadlines
- Visit the External Warehouse regularly to ensure that they are fully supported
- Ensure that material required from the warehouse is requested in a timely manner and in the correct quantities to avoid production downtime
- Ensure stock reporting accuracy between Liversedge and Brighouse locations.
- Lead supply chain related complaint investigation working with the site Quality Representative and implement improvements because of the root cause determined as appropriate
- 8D completion to be done within customer required time frame
- Drive continuous improvement in handling, storage and picking in line with our TPM mindset
The ideal candidate for the Logistics Coordinator position must have gained previous experience within a similar logistics role and have a good understanding of stock management processes. With this business being a SME, I'm looking for someone who's previously worked in a similar environment, one where they've been responsible for implementing new processes. Given the size of this business, you may be expected to wear multiple hats, so the successful person mustn't be afraid to get their hands dirty.
The only other requirement is that the ideal candidate must be immediately available and open to a Fixed-Term-Contract. With that said, there is always a possibility that this role will be made permanent, however that cant be guaranteed.
£25,000 - £28,000
9 month FTC