My client is a leader within the transport and distribution sector and is renowned for quality of service. Due to a rapid expansion project of their company offices they are now looking to merge their logistics customer service functions together to provide an advanced service. The team is actively doubling in size and will thus provide a great opportunity to the new incumbent.
As a Logistics Customer Service Manager you will report directly into the Head of Operations on a daily basis and commute to the wider Alfreton area of Derbyshire. The main responsibilities for the opportunity are highlighted below:
- Active day-to-day management of a team of between 10 and 15 Customer Service Advisors.
- Delegation of all elements of customer service and administration tasks.
- Active communications for all warehouse, transport and logistics based customers in line with SLA agreements.
- A leader for delivering passion and confident customer service.
- Dealing with prompt queries and complaints in a timely manner.
- Managing customer service emails for POD requests.
- Invoicing and administration functions relating to transport and warehousing.
The successful Logistics Customer Service Manager will have a background within the sector and an appetite to drive success and performance. You will also have the following skills and attributes:
- Experience in a similar logistics and customer service environment.
- Proven track record of managing teams of between 5-15 colleagues.
- A history of delivering quality customer services to a variety of fast-paced markets
- Experience within the logistics, warehouse and transport sub-sectors.
- Ability to commute to Alfreton in Derbyshire.
- Ideally educated to a degree level of study (BA, BEng, BSc).