I am representing a National retailer business based in Leicestershire. Whilst already a market leader within their sector, they have recently acquired a number of companies to help secure market share and grow into further areas of the market.
As the Logistics Development Manager, you will report to the Director of Operations and take charge of ongoing development of the Warehousing, Transport and Supply Chain functions. This person will:
- Directly manage varied teams consisting of: Health & Safety, Facilities, Warehousing Planning, Stock Optimisation and Transport Planning.
- Act as a key member of senior leadership team working across short, medium and long term company objectives.
- Help to shape their operation through the expansion of ecommerce filtering its way through the company.
- Establish effective working relationships with all areas of the organisation.
- Summarise results and compiling presentations for the rest of the business.
- Work cross functionally with teams in commercial, procurement, finance, supply chain and operations.
- Challenge current processes, providing evidence-based analysis and business solutions to the wider organisation.
- Lead projects from start to finish providing a more effective logistics operation in any way appropriate.
- Be responsible for reviewing an ever expanding Transport Network, through route optimisation.
The hours of work for this role are flexible to suit business needs including:
- Monday - Friday
- 07:00 - 15:00
- 08:00 - 16:00
- 09:00 - 17:00
The successful candidate for the Logistics Development Manager position will have the following skills and experiences:
- Have a Logistics Distribution and Supply Chain background.
- Have past experience in a Network Development / Project Manager / Operations Support role.
- Have previously been part of a large scale project in an operational capacity.
- Hold a Lean Six Sigma qualification or similar - Advantageous.
- Be Prince2 qualified - Advantageous (This company are prepared to support somebody through their qualification)
- Highly analytical mindset.
- Very competent with WMS and TMS systems.
- Very strong man management and interpersonal skills.
- Strong communicator both written and oral.
- Commutable to Leicestershire on a daily basis.
This role offers:
- Salary - £40,000 - £50,000.
- 27 Days Holiday + 8 Bank Holidays.
- Final Salary Pension Scheme.
- Death In Service Cover.
- Additional Company Benefits.