The Logistics Manager will manage a small Logistics team ensuring KPI's and customer delivery schedules are met on time and in full. The role holder will be based permanently on site in Crewe, working on a Monday - Friday day shift.Client Details
A growing business working in a number of different sectors within the Logistics Distribution and Supply Chain market.Description
The role of the Logistics Manager:
- Coordinate and engage with the operational team to drive enhanced performance to exceed customer expectations.
- Manage communication of customer, supplier and arranging transport with relevant 3rd parties.
- Regular liaison with production team to ensure that production schedule is in line with transport schedule.
- Look to improve quality and eliminate booking in errors.
- Prepare and manage operational meetings.
- Take proactive steps to ensure that best practices are introduced and manage Inventory levels
- Have an active role in managing monthly P&L alongside FD.
- Identify and propose opportunities to grow the business with existing customers.
- Drive continuous improvement initiatives to achieve KPI's and SLA's.
- Have a key focus on Health and Safety and ensuring best practises are adhered to.
What the Successful Logistics Manager applicant will look like:
- Manufacturing experience is desirable
- Capable of managing change, strong leadership and communication are vital qualities
- Previous experience in a Warehouse Management is essential (5 years minimum)
- Excellent communication skills as the role will involve liaising with customers, suppliers and 3rd party transport
- Commercially focused with P&L responsibility
- Inventory / Stock management experience
- A flexible approach in order to meet business demands
- Live within a commutable distance to a site in Crewe
Salary: £35,000 + benefits
Hours: Monday - Friday (days)