Our client is a leading textile service business.
The role of Logistics Manager is to deliver service excellence though an efficient and cost effective distribution department. You will ensure that distribution has a maximum efficiency (LEAN) and economy and that customer service meets the agreed plans. Compliance with legal and company policies. Based in Portsmouth key responsibilities will include:
- Ensure that the company's vision, values and policies and procedures are adhered to at all times.
- Ensure vehicle and driver compliance with O licence, site, EU and other legal requirements, monitoring, analysing the results and ensuring corrective action is implemented to continuously improve the working environment.
- Investigate, analyse and implement corrective actions utilising current systems where appropriate (i.e. Telematics, Dynamics) to resolve logistics problems eliminating inefficient supply and distribution routes, quality of service, customer losses and continuously improving working practices (e.g weight checking, mileage/km fuel consumption, accuracy and timeliness of deliveries to customers).
- Ensure that the distribution has an optimal efficiency and economy including targets for per. km.
- Ensure that target areas such as reducing customer losses are reached.
- Develop and motivate the staff to perform their tasks.
- Ensure that customer service meets the agreed plans.
- Manage the Plants OPD's.
- Ensure planning of driver's routes for obtaining an optimal supply and distribution.
- Ensure optimal cooperation between the distribution department and service and production department for optimal customer service.
- Ensure the maintenance and purchase / sale of the vehicles.
- Ensure that the department's environmental and safety requirements, of both employee and employer, under the company set guidelines are adhered to and ensure compliance with applicable law.
- Ensure that the necessary number of employees are present in relation to the department's work - including temporary workers.
- Contribute to the development of the department's employees.
- Prepare budgets and action plans for the department in cooperation with the department head.
- Ensure that the fleet satisfies the requirements for maintenance, vehicle inspection, order, etc. follow established guidelines.
- Ensure have LEAN loading and unloading processes.
- Drive continuous improvements in HoE like 5S etc.
- Ensure distribution is executed within legal requirements (loading factors, driving hours etc.)
- Promote and manage implementation of technologies to improve data capture on textile logistics in distribution area.
- Ensure Drivers are properly trained and motivated to achieve functional objectives
The successful Logistics Manager will live within a commuting distance of Portsmouth and be able to demonstrate the following:
- Relevant experience in a leadership role within a multi-drop/multi-route distribution environment with a track record of success.
- A strong customer service ethos and previous experience of dealing directly with customers is required.
- Ability to listen and influence peer group and department team members to build and lead effective working teams.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Good attention to detail and the ability to analyse data and interpret the information effectively to continuously improve the department and/or team.
- IT Literate (Microsoft Office)
A competitive basic salary and benefits package will be on offer to the successful candidate.