My client is in the Logistics, Distribution and Supply Chain sector and is a well established supplier.
The Logistics Manager in Ammanford will be responsible for...
- Management of the logistics process and related functions
- Manage and upgrade current SOP's and to implement new and robust SOP's where required
Line management of Warehouse and Production planning staff.
- Ensuring that the best value in terms of quality, price and service is always achieved.
Leading all resources contained within the logistics areas, ensuring the H&S, quality, cost and delivery requirements are met and maintained.
- Provide operational support to ensure maximum productivity, including improvements in stock accuracy and delivery of product on time in full.
- Establishing and maintaining exceptional housekeeping and discipline standards.
- Collaborating with other departments where coordination and business process development with other functional areas is required
- Directly recruiting, managing, developing, appraising and succession plan all personnel within the function, taking responsibility for their day to day HR issues.
- Ensuring that the company meets or exceeds its operational and fiscal targets.
Leading, developing and mentoring the team and contributing to the wider commercial success of the business.
- Work closely with global supply chain to obtain competitive pricing.
- Representing and supporting the site leader and making decisions relating to logistics, stores, inventory accuracy, activities and issues
The successful Logistics Manager will have...
- Qualified to degree level or equivalent.
- Ideally hold a CIPS or CILT qualification or equivalent. However, previous supply chain, and logistics experience would be more important.
- Proven track record of delivery in a manufacturing environment within fast paced environment
- Preferably certified Six Sigma Green belt but definitely with solid experience in lean techniques and management
- Demonstrable track record in lean logistics, logistics continuous improvement activities, introducing SOP's and cost savings
- Previous experience of ERP system working experience,
The Logistics Manager will receive...
- A salary of £35,000-£40,000 depending on experience
- Monday to Friday day shifts