My Client is in the Logistics, Distribution and Supply Chain sector and is a leading distributor across the UK and has been well established for 40 years.
The Logistics Manager in Cwmbran will be responsible for...
- Manage, plan and track deliveries, to ensure transport services are delivered to the highest standard
- Plan delivery routes and keep relevant and up to date records of journeys, deliveries, PODs and times worked.
- Manage vehicle fleet and team of drivers, and coordinate with hauliers
- Strategically manage warehouse and oversee warehousing, distribution and ensure efficient space utilisation
- Overseeing the picking process, ensuring accuracy.
- Initiate, co-ordinate and enforce optimal operational policies and procedures.
- Ensure the safe and efficient running of daily operations such as health and safety and security
The Logistics Manager will have...
- Proven experience (at least 10 years) in an established transport operations and warehouse manager role
- Being highly organised and able to work within a fast-paced environment
- Proven skills working in a close-knit team environment
- Acting on your own initiative without constant supervision
- Comfortable learning new things
- Leadership experience with excellent communication and influencing skills
- Strong IT skills on Microsoft packages, and knowledge of SAP
- Geographical knowledge of UK roads
The Logistics Manager will receive...
- A salary between £30,000-£40,000
- Monday to Friday day shifts
- 20+8 days holiday
- Pension scheme
- Life Assurance