The client, a leading manufacturer based in Derbyshire is looking to hire an experienced Logistics manager to join the business after an exceptional period of growth.
Key responsibilities for the successful candidate are;
- Plan and manage the Logistic department through VMS in the daily work.
- Lead, coach and develop staff, including new employee on boarding and providing career development planning and training plans.
- Follow up targets and take action on KPI´s and reports if targets not met.
- Support Operations manager in Forecasting calculations and contribute in local SOP meetings.
- Optimise stock value. Stock healthiness and products in stock including obsolete stock.
- Ensure that stock taking is performed regionally at least once a year.
- Ensure products are shipped according to the dispatch plans.
- Support local entities with global handling/shipping/logistics requirements.
The successful Logistics Manager will;
- Experience in using M3/SAP/Oracle is essential.
- Ideally a background of being a logistics manager within a manufacturing environment.
- Be experienced in managing circa. 150 staff.
- Experienced in managing the relationship of multiple outsourced transport providers.
- Experience in supporting strategic procurement.
- Have a logistics distribution and supply chain background.
- Live within a commutable distance of Derbyshire.
On offer to the successful candidate will be:
- A base salary of £45,000 - £50,000.
- 24 days holiday + 8 days bank holiday.
- 8:30 - 4:30 Monday - Thursday & 8:30 - 13:30 - Friday.
- Pension contribution.