Our client is a specialist food importing company, a sub division of one of the world's largest and most accomplished fresh produce service providers.
- Building and maintaining relationships with freight forwarders and 3PL's.
- Negotiating and regularly reviewing transport rates and services.
- Managing Air, Road and Sea transit claims through to conclusion.
- Ensuring the company's import procedures are HMRC compliant.
- Resolving problems concerning transportation, logistics systems, imports or exports, or customer issues.
- Collaborating with commercial departments to integrate and optimise logistics processes. Ensure the business is kept informed on legislative and industry changes.
- Experience in moving freight across all modes of transport (Air, Road & Sea) with contacts across the supply chain industry.
- Logistics experience with a focus on Third Country Import Procedures.
- Demonstrable ability to lead changes.
- Interface with HMRC and knowledge of Incoterms 2020.
A competitive basic salary is on offer for the successful candidate, as well as a pension and share scheme.