My client is in the Logistics Distribution and Supply Chain Sector. They are a global business who are an international service provider.
The Logistics Manager in Newton Abbot will be responsible for...
- Ensure vehicle and driver compliance with O licence, site, EU and other legal requirements, monitoring, analysing the results and ensuring corrective action is implemented to continuously improve the working environment.
- Ensure risk assessments are undertaken and implemented on customer premises for major changes/new business when required as advised by the relevant customer account team.
- Investigate, analyse and implement corrective actions utilising current systems where appropriate (i.e. Telematics, Dynamics) to resolve all logistics problems eliminating inefficient supply and distribution routes, quality of service, customer losses and continuously improving working practices. (e.g. weight checking, mileage/km fuel consumption, accuracy and timeliness of deliveries to customers).
- Planning, organising and coordinating resources to meet logistics requirements of the business, including temporary workers.
- Lead, manage, control and development of personnel (including absence, disciplinary and grievance, Health and Safety Training, driver assessments) using SMART objectives during regular review and feedback meetings.
- Develop, propose and agree functional budgets with General Manager, monitoring, managing and controlling all activities in accordance with the agreed functional budget, investigating and resolving any variances.
- Ensure route optimisation savings are achieved and all routes are profitable.
- Prepare commission calculations for the departments drivers and ensure the relevant systems are maintained with accurate information (e.g. TMS, Dynamics).
- Develop and maintain good working relationships between the logistics, service and production departments to drive optimal customer service.
- To ensure the drivers deliver the level of customer service that meets the agreed plans for optimal service levels.
- To review all functional activities, develop, propose and, if agreed, implement improvements to ensure continuous improvement through increasing effectiveness, efficiency and added value.
- Contribute to the reduction of impact to the environment e.g. optimal efficiency and economy on routes with targets per mile/km
The Logistics Manager must have...
- CPC Qualification
- 5 years experience in a Transport Management role
- Experience of lean (Six Sigma) implementation in lean manufacturing systems.
- Financial knowledge covering budget forecasting.
- Experience of implementing continuous improvement programmes
The successful candidate will receive...
- A salary of up to £40,000 depending on experience
- Pension Scheme
- Monday to Friday Day Shifts
- Bonus Scheme
- Private Medical
- National structure offering progression