My client is in the Logistics Distribution and Supply Chain. They are sustainable Ecommerce operation who put the planet first. They are a family run business with a great story to tell.
The Logistics Manager - Cornwall will be responsible for...
- Optimise distribution centre efficiency for operational capacity and service at both in house and 3PL level.
- Coordinate and track the worldwide movement of goods through the logistics chain including sea, air and land ensuring OTIF within budget.
- Own and organise the logistics chain, including storage of goods, managing information accrued from point of origin to delivery, orchestrating transportation movements, and arranging for ancillary services when required.
- Execute logistics plans and subcontractors to move products and packages to reach destinations on schedule.
- Review freight rates and other transportation / warehouse costs to keep working costs within budget.
- Identify best practices within the logistics network that can be implemented in the wider supply chain.
- Look to reduce our carbon footprint as we develop our logistics chain.
- Set and report to budgets for the Logistics functions and KPIs for the supply chain.
- Lead and manage a team.
- Implementing and operating IT systems to manage timings, costs and stock levels: including WMS.
- Establish and implement procedures, documentation and policies to ensure logistics issues are handled swiftly and cost effectively.
- Analysing data to assess performance, discover logistical problems and devise plans for improvements.
- Lead commercial reviews and negotiations with 3PL suppliers.
- Scoping new solutions and potential partners and negotiating these partnerships to deliver platforms for growth.
The Logistics Manager - Cornwall must have...
- You will have a proven track record of delivering successful Logistical operations, ideally working in Retail, Wholesale & Digital Commerce sectors in the last 5 years.
- You will have led and delivered Logistics operations from a budget value of £10 million + per annum.
- You will have lead teams of up to 80 direct heads and managed multiple 3PL partners including sourcing, negotiating, and exiting partnerships.
- You will have experience of sourcing and opening international consolidation and distribution centres at either 3PL or Market place drop ship models / FBA.
- You will have experience of developing and managing relationships with international logistics suppliers.
- You will have strong logical reasoning and problem-solving skills.
- It is essential that you can time manage with the ability to multitask and meet deadlines.
- You'll have advanced Data analysis skills, including MS Excel skills and WMS experience.
- You will be data driven, with strong analytical skills.
- You'll have excellent people skills with the ability to communicate at all levels of the business.
- As a skilled leader you'll be adept at managing a teams and workflows across multiple locations.
- You'll have an in-depth knowledge of the entire logistics function.
- You'll have a passion for the detail, with the ability to explain them in layman's term
The successful candidate will receive...
- A salary between £40,000-£50,000 depending on experience
- Bonus Scheme
- Pension Scheme
- 25+8 Days Holiday
- Progression opportunities
- Staff Discount Scheme