Michael Page Logistics have partnered with a leading UK Retailer in their search to find a dynamic and results driven Optimisation specialist to oversee improvements and cost saving initiatives within their;Warehousing, Inventory, Labour Planning, Transport and Transport Planning business units.
This position will:
- Be responsible for business areas including: Inventory management, Labour planning and Transport planning / optimisation.
- Work closely with the broader Supply Chain function to ensure operational improvements within the day to day business units.
- Be accountable for insight and improvement for stock management costs within the UK network.
- Ensure the shifts and teams are aligned to customer demand, meet service and KPI's.
- Take ownership of the workforce planning from a process, forecasting and systems perspective.
- Oversee the current UK distribution planning network to identify efficiencies and cost savings, including reviewing the 3rd party contractors.
- Manage key metric reporting on a daily, monthly, and annual basis.
- Improve pick locations on a monthly basis ensuring that the stock is in the most efficient location.
- Consistently review and improve the stock storage solutions through the business.
- Introduce, monitor and improve best practice across all stock locations.
- Be at the forefront of implementing new technologies within the clients network.
- Manage he workforce in line with flexing demand.
The successful candidate for the Logistics Network Development Manager position will have the following skills and experiences:
- A Logistics Distribution and Supply Chain background
- Have a minimum of 3+ years Warehousing, Inventory or Transport experience.
- Have a LEAN / Six Sigma qualification - Advantageous.
- Prince2 qualified - Advantageous.
- Have the ability and a proven track record of influencing key stakeholders within the business.
- Good IT skills and the ability to interpret data sets.
The ideal candidate for this role may have worked within a: Planning Manager, Optimisation Manager, Network Development Manager, Continuous Improvement Manager, Project Manager or Solutions Design Manager position previously.
The Logistics Network Development Manager role offers a great benefits package, including:
- Salary - £35,000 to £45,000 - DOE
- Company Car / Car Allowance
- Company Bonus - 15%.
- Company Pension scheme.
- Private Medical Cover.
- Plus addition company benefits.