My client, a haulage business in the heart of Derbyshire have an exciting, newly created role for a logistics manager to join their flagship operation.
- Liaise with internal stakeholders to plan and create best logistics practice.
- Have a customer service mindset whilst delivering logistics solutions.
- Be adept to contract rates and negotiations.
- Have an excellent understanding of route planning and shipping modes and the resulting impact of these.
- Be passionate about continuous improvement.
- Continuously manage ways of driving cost saving initiatives throughout the business.
- Excellent knowledge of data and ability to interpret this to provide logistics solutions.
- Support new business initiatives.
The successful logistics manager will;
- Proven ability to optimise team / management performance.
- Highly skilled in communication and ability to create strong relationships.
- A good understanding of continuous improvement - desirable.
- Project management skills - Prince 2 would be desirable.
- At least 3 years background in a logistics distribution and supply chain background.
- Advanced excel user - Essential.
On offer for the successful candidate will be;
- A basic salary of between £45,000 - £55,000.
- Company car / car allowance.
- Company bonus scheme.
- Pension contribution.
- Other company benefits.