Logistics Procurement Manager
Global Technology and Consumer Goods Firm
Contact Eddy,[email removed]
This world leading brand is looking for a specialist procurement expert to manage the logistics spend category involving projects with 3rd Party Logistics Providers across Road, Air and Ocean Freight, Courier and Warehousing. The focus of the role will involve supporting the Global Head of Logistics Procurement in creating the logistics sourcing strategy which is aimed at long term plans that use the full range of supply and demand side levers while achieving significant cost savings. The role will develop influential relationships across markets and business units including ownership of both the procurement and PSL compliance.
As the Logistics Procurement Manager, you will be responsible for:
- The creation of the overall category strategy, the creation of sub-category strategies and plans to achieve or exceed agreed savings targets for the category.
- Lead strategic sourcing projects involving 3rd Party Logistics Providers across Road, Air and Ocean Freight, Courier and Warehousing and ensure alignment with all key stakeholders.
- Continually reassess the operational risks associated with the sub-categories, taking account of changing economic or market conditions, legal and regulatory requirements, operating procedures and practices, management changes, and the impact of new technology.
- Drive strategic supplier relationships forward across key 3rd Party Logistics Providers and develop a supply base using sophisticated SRM techniques.
- Support the Senior Category Manager in influencing policy thinking and develop robust, forward-looking sub category plans based on business and product needs, supply market dynamics, and technological changes in marketplace.
Key skills and experience required for the Logistics Procurement Manager:
- High level of experience in procurement with strong understanding of Logistics & Transportation categories with extensive understanding of sub-category procurement lifecycle from strategy creation to supplier management.
- Confident communication working in a complex matrix organisation with ability to influence senior level stakeholders.
- Advanced Diploma in Procurement and Supply with clear route to advancement towards MCIPS, Bachelor's Degree or equivalent.
This is an excellent position for you to work in a leading Consumer Goods Technology Organization as the Logistics Procurement Manager. You will be based in the Paris office with the opportunity to implement global strategies within sub-categories and influence policy thinking in the creation of forward-looking plans. To apply follow the link above or submit your CV directly to Eddy at [link removed]