My client is a world-leading FTSE-250 business with a pan-European remit. Through a series of mergers, my client is now rapidly expanding its offerings in Mansfield. A new warehouse and fleet has recently been purchased in the Mansfield area. Our area of operations is spread across a variety of different sectors - FMCGs, Fashion & Textiles.
As a Logistics Shift Supervisor you will report into a Regional Logistics Manager, who has responsibilities across three individual sites. You will be responsible for overseeing a group of 35+ operatives and 2x Supervisors. Your remit will also cover the following:
- Direct line management for 35+ operatives and 2x Supervisors.
- Ensuring all health & safety measures are adhered to on a daily basis.
- Ensure the customer is placed at the heart of all decision making.
- Undertaking process studies to manufacture efficiency improvements within the warehouse environment.
- Troubleshoot customer issues and resolved delivery problems in a timely manner.
- Effective peak-planning is undertaken on a project basis.
- Undertake a vast array of HR tasks - discplinaries, pay-queries, holidays, PDR's, 1-to-1's.
The successful Logistics Shift Supervisor will have the following skills and attributes. A pre-requisite for the opportunity is past experience in similar positions in the warehouse & logistics industry.
- 3+ years experience in a warehouse and/or production environment.
- An IOSH or NEBOSH qualification would be highly advantageous.
- Experience in Lean Six-Sigma or Kaizen CI improvements is desirable.
- Proven history of management of over 25+ operatives
- Proven track record of leadership.
- Commutable to the Mansfield area.
- Ability to cover a variety of pre-agreed shift patterns.