My client is a leading stockist and distributor globally and is in the Logistics Distribution and Supply Chain Sector.
The Logistics Supervisor in Midsomer Norton will be responsible for...
- Assist with the overall day-to-day operational control of the Distribution Centre in order to ensure the effective organisation within these areas. This is to include Continuous Improvement ideas with a view to reduce costs whilst implementing improvements to existing processes to further enhance the day to day operation.
- A key member of the Distribution Centre management team; develop action plans and conduct internal analysis to identify areas for change.
- Support, guide and nurture the junior management team. Be a point of contact for queries and issues whilst offering guidance and support to help them facilitate and carry out their respective roles. Organise and oversee the planned maintenance of vehicles, machinery and equipment ensuring service schedules are maintained.
- Manage outbound contracts, both couriers and hauliers.
- Act as the single point of contact and therefore forge strong working relationships with these companies.
- Monitor and provide feedback on volumes by carrier and recommendations on how to improve costs
- Manage the booking of haulage as dictated by outbound order volumes.
- Work alongside the Shipping Clerk and Supervisors to oversee the receipt of stock and ensure they conform to Company specifications, ensuring any non-conformance is raised and followed through to completion.
- Review current or future trends that indicate possible gaps in Inbound functions and makes recommendations based on findings.
- Coordinate communication between third party companies, inbound scheduling and warehouse management to ensure efficient inbound operations
- Support the Senior Stock Controller ensuring accurate stock figures and any issues are raised and resolved promptly.
- Ensure the WMS system is utilised and managed correctly by the relevant users, keeping all functions up to date.
- Manage a continuous improvement program for core warehouse management system: functional robustness, promoting best practice, error prevention, etc.
- Consulting communities of best practice; working in close collaboration with development and support teams.
The Logistics Supervisor must have...
- Previous experience working within 3PL Transport
- Previous experience working with WMS systems
- Previous experience of Lean or Continuous Improvements
- Strong people management and presentation skills.
- Good academic background or equivalent experience.
- Strong decision-making skills, even under pressure.
The successful candidate will receive...
- A salary of between £30,000 to £32,000
- Bonus Scheme
- Monday to Friday Day Shifts
- Pension Scheme
- Private Health Care