Closing Date: 13/06/20
Position Type: Permanent
- Opportunity to work from home with a base at any NCA hub nationwide.
- Provide assurance guidance and manage commercial governance activities.
About Our Client
Serious and organised crime is one of the gravest threats to the UK's national security. The National Crime Agency sits at the heart of the law enforcement response, protecting the public by disrupting and bringing to justice those serious and organised criminals who pose the highest risk to the UK.
Commercial is a major corporate function in Government and getting the right commercial capability is at the heart of Civil Service Reform.
The NCA Commercial Department is on an exciting journey undertaking a period of rapid development, including the adoption of Government Commercial Function standards as well as a focus on finding ways to continuously improve.
The National Crime Agency has a national presence and a forward thinking attitude to working from home.
The Manager, Procurement Policy & Governance, will be responsible for:
- Set up and maintain appropriate networks with Crown Commercial Services, Crown Representatives and Government Commercial Function to benefit from cross government good practice, emerging policy, commercial updates, continuous improvement and strategy;
- Ensure that the Commercial team are applying best practice procurement methodology aligning with NCA policy and wider HMG standards and implementing change where appropriate;
- Use the Government Commercial Function Operating Standards Framework to assess the commercial maturity of NCA against the standards and draft and present development plans where necessary to drive improvement;
- Ensure Commercial data is up to date and that Data retention policies and procedures are complied with across the department and identify and take action on any non-compliance;
- Manage relationship with Audit on behalf of Commercial ensuring Audit actions are progressed and where applicable are translated into relevant policies and operating processes;
- Implement risk management methodologies into Commercial processes and ensure appropriate checks and balances;
The Successful Applicant
- Changing and Improving
You will also need to demonstrate the below technical criteria:
- Excellent written and personal presentation skills to ensure Commercial artefacts such as policies and operating procedures are drafted and presented in a professional manner;
- Knowledge of Government Commercial Functional standards and organisational alignment with experience of gap analysis and drafting and monitoring improvement plans;
- Knowledge and experience of applying risk management methodologies into commercial practices;
You will also need to demonstrate the below experience criteria:
- Experience of implementing and managing Commercial governance processes and generating continuous improvement opportunities throughout the commercial lifecycle;
Training & Professional Qualifications
- Information technology skills including proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and Powerpoint.
What's on Offer
- Roles based in London will also receive an additional London Weighting of £3,339.
- As a Civil Service employee, you'll be entitled to a large range of benefits to include:
- 26 days' annual leave on entry, increasing to 31 days after 5 years' service
- A competitive contributory pension scheme
- Flexible working patterns
- Excellent Learning & Development opportunities
To apply for this position, please submit your CV below. If your application is successful you will be requested to complete a personal statement detailing your suitability for the post by addressing some key criteria outlined in the Job description and Person spec - this should be completed and returned no later than 23:55pm, on 8th June 2020
Where specific UK qualifications are required we will take into account overseas equivalents. All third party applications will be forwarded to Michael Page.