A leading global manufacturing business providing a range of solutions for a broad customer base based in S. Yorkshire
As Master Production Scheduler within this Manufacturing and Production business based in S.Yorkshire you will be tasked with the following;
- Effectively setting an achievable production schedule balancing customer demand and resource capacity
- Daily responding to MRP exception messages (cancel, defer, expedite)
- Close liaison with Supply Chain team in relation to material procurement and scheduling
- Escalate demand and supply constraints for decision making by key stakeholders
- Communication and engagement with upstream and downstream stakeholders
- Update of Plant Metrics (Capacity, Schedule Adherence, Overdue orders, Recovery)
- Conduit for customer related enquiries and publishing lead times and stock availability
- Act as site early warning system for potential schedule failures
The successful Master Production Scheduler will be resilient, logical and work with a proactive approach. This role will be highly systems based so someone who is able to abstract data needed and efficiently analyse it is a must. The selected candidate will be able to provide immediate solutions but also create plans for future changes.
- Demonstrable experience (+5yrs) in a similar role
- Comfortable reporting facts and figures to senior management
- Detailed knowledge of the mechanics of delivery performance, capacity planning and inventory/resource management
- Detailed understanding of S&OP processes
- The successful candidate will have a proven track record working as a Master Scheduler in a busy manufacturing organisation
- A background in LEAN manufacturing, S&OP, forecasting and master scheduling is regarded as a must and the business demands a competent professional with an ability to continually develop the scope and performance of this operationally critical role.
- The role will require a consummate and resilient professional with a proactive approach; logical and win focused character and great attention to detail.