Our client is a leading manufacturer of medical devices in the health care industry who are looking to bring on an experienced Material Manager with a proven track record.
- Manage, coach and develop the Materials/Production planning, Transport, Warehousing and Kit administration teams.
- Challenge the current materials and planning processes to drive improvement to ensure the plan drives efficiency improvement within the manufacturing and associated areas.
- Set, measure and monitor key KPI's to ensure achievement of the departmental and subsequent manufacturing plan, inclusive of supplier performance.
- Work closely with the warehouse team to ensure material availability on time, in the correct quantity and ensuring accuracy of inventory at all times.
- Oversee the development of production schedules to establish required plant and materials capacity for all production areas ensuring inventory projections can be achieved in full.
- Ensure that material scheduling strategy and processes are in place and work effectively in order to ensure material supply meets production and inventory requirements.
- Seek to continually improve processes and procedures to develop the performance and effectiveness of the internal and external supply chain network.
- Lead master production schedule meetings and communicate outcomes efficiently and effectively.
- Take ownership of material/planning issues that arise and take any follow up actions, especially in the event of material shortages that affect production and subsequent supply to the customer.
- Manage inventory risk and ensure that contingency plans are in place
- Seek and recommend solutions to overcome issues arising in order to meet production requirements and address operational risks.
- Quarterly review of safety stock settings.
- Maintaining production data integrity and accuracy within IFS.
- Actively support global sourcing in procurement activities & projects.
The successful candidate will have the following experience:
- Minimum of 5 years experience in a materials control or supply chain role with managerial experience.
- Exceptional planning and organisational skills with attention to detail.
- Computer literate with extensive MRP/ERP systems knowledge (IFS, JD Edwards, SAP) and Microsoft packages.
- Medical manufacturing experience desirable
- Formal supply chain qualification desirable (CPIM, APICS)
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to positively motivate individuals and teams to meet or exceed expectations along with driving change management.
- The ability to communicate well at all levels across the plant and the wider organisation.
The successfull candidate will be rewarded with the opportunity to join a business which invest heavily in their people along with an attractive salary package.