With health care solutions at the heart of everything they do this S. Yorkshire based business is a pioneer in providing effective solutions. A very rewarding environment to work in.
Key responsibilities of the Materials Controller
- Responsible for a range of components and suppliers
- The procurement of materials as suggested by MRP, ensuring that all purchases are made to the specified delivery, and within standard cost and inventory targets.
- All associated purchase order management including expediting and rescheduling of orders in line with inventory targets.
- Effectively communicate with suppliers, arranging visits and meeting as necessary to verify that capabilities and competencies align with requirements. Make sure the suppliers deliver on time and to procurement specifications and highlighting any issues.
- Communication with the planning team and reporting any significant supply/logistical problem to the Purchasing Manager, to ensure problem is communicated to the relevant departments.
- Ensure that stock levels are kept at optimum levels taking inventory targets and future requirements into account
- Select, manage and review the appropriate contract type e.g. consignment, buffer, forecast management etc.
The successful Materials Controller
The successful Materials Controller needs to be able to work efficiently in a high-pressure environment, think analytically and have strong excel skills. Multi-tasking is key in this purchasing and procurement role and an individual who can problem solve effectively is desired. Communication is key in this role, within the team and with suppliers/ customers.
- Minimum 2 years purchasing experience.
- Computer literate with ERP systems and Microsoft packages, in particular Excel.
Experience in a manufacturing environment.
CIPS full/part qualification.