Materials Planner Competitive Salary Full Time, Permanent Based in Driffield
Your new role
An exciting and new opportunity has arisen within North Yorkshire with a forward thinking and growing organisation on a full time, permanent basis. The purpose of the role is to develop production schedules in an accurate and timely manner around the customer and factory requirements while ensuring raw material availability.
Key Duties Include;
- Development of robust production plans / schedules including production output and scheduling monitoring, reviewing and amending
- Together with the Supply Chain, Procurement and Production establish and review on a Weekly Basis of Key Performance Indicators across the Supply Chain (including OTIF, Master Schedule Attainment)
- Weekly / Daily Raw Material Call Off
- Ensure timely delivery of goods, raw materials and packaging using procurement procedures
- Ensure that inventory is maintained at an optimum level, whilst minimising material shortages / obsolete stock.
- Together with the Production Planner analyse Sales Forecasts across the business and work with Commercial Account Managers/Demand Planner to optimise Forecast accuracy
- Perform other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
- Assist with OTIF KPI and Master Schedule attainment KPI
What you'll need to succeed
- Previous experience within a similar role is essential
- Data analysis and numeric skills with the ability to evaluate, analyse and present data
- Practical and proactive approach to problem solving and process improvement
- Solution oriented analytical planning skills
- Strong work ethic, perseverance and flexibility
- Organised and able to react to the challenges of a fast-moving environment
- Excellent communication, both written and verbal
- Ability to build effective relationships in a cross-functional team environment
- The ability to deliver quality work to tight deadlines
- Proficiency in working with MRP systems
- Computer Literate in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power-Point)
What you'll get in return
Competitive Salary, dependant on experience
Full company benefits package
Opportunities for progression within a forward think organisation
Free, on-site parking
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.