Materials Procurement Advisor
My client, a leading FMCG manufacturing business are currently recruiting for Materials Procurement Advisor to work within their fast moving, dynamic and growing business.
This is a great opportunity to join a fantastic business offering prospects to progress a career in a manufacturing environment. Working within the purchasing function you will be supporting the procurement of the business's material requirements, identifying any potential supply issues and supporting in supplier management.
The ideal candidate will be a graduate, or come from a similar role and FMCG background, it is essential you have excellent communication skills with the ability to work under pressure and work to tight deadlines.
Typical duties will include:
- Preparing and issuing purchase orders according to company purchasing policies and procedures
- Confirm purchase orders with vendors including delivery date, quantity, etc
- Track and expedite purchase orders by working with suppliers, carriers, etc
- Maintain purchase orders within SAP so the system holds the latest details and supports operational plans
- Build good work relationship with suppliers and other cross functional team members
- Calculate packaging and raw materials quantities from production plans and place orders with suppliers
- Ensure accurate planning parameters are reflected in SAP and regularly reviewed to achieve optimum materials inventory holding within the network
- Proactively identify slow moving and obsolete raw material risks, report and follow up by closely working with other functional teams
- Regularly check for potential stock-outs due to purchasing delivery delay.
- Ensuring receipt of weekly stock reports from stores.
- Ensure material supply levels are within agreed min/max levels as to meet the daily production requirements
- Challenge suppliers on invoice errors.
- React to issues on a daily basis created both internally and from suppliers.
- Liaise with planning team to ensure timely procurement of required raw and bulk materials ensuring no shortages
- Forecasting - based on customer requirements
The ideal candidate will be hands-on, organised, highly motivated and a self-starter who is comfortable working with limited supervision and able to support numerous projects at one time. The need for flexibility and the ability to adapt to change is imperative within this role.
The role of Materials Procurement Advisor requires good business knowledge combined with a high level of integrity, a clear understanding of a planning function and ability to deal with complex details in a fast paced environment.
The Ideal experience:
- Experience in supply planning or graduate
- Attention to detail and ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Strong people and communication skills
- Strong sense of urgency and of responsibility
- Must be a team player and demonstrate successful experience working in a cross functional international team environment
- Perform well under pressure
- Must have strong maths skills
- Must have strong understanding of MRP
- Must have advanced Microsoft Office Excel skills
- SAP experience is desirable
My client is investing in this role and will take a leading role in the successful candidates development. Training, learning and continuous improvement and development all come within the role for the right candidate.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.