I'm working with a leader in flow technology based in Newbury who provide product into multiple sectors.
The Production / Materials Planner is a responsible and varied role requiring the effective planning, scheduling and control of component production & product assembly, in line with SAP MRP requirements. Responsible for the daily maintenance of the capacity scheduling data within SAP.
- Plan, establish and issue daily production schedules for relevant plant production work centre to meet production on time delivery
- Maintain accurate SAP scheduling data, including the input of labour capacity per work centre
- Daily review of production orders, proactively working to action exception messages and ensure complete on time confirmations
- Liaise with Works Manager to create a 12 week rolling labour capacity plan to meet the manufacturing schedule
- Create routings based on requirements of material master including drawings, specifications, heat treatment requirements and engineering instructions. Routes to include operations times, inter-operation times, queue times, inspection operation and sub-contractor processes including PIR's
- Manage NCR's as relevant to engineered products
- Review processes and offer improvement solutions in line with lean strategic business goals and initiatives
The successful candidate would ideally have a background in mechanical engineering with exposure to production planning or supply chain positions. It is key to have experience within SAP MM alongside good MS Office knowledge - Word, Excel etc.
Competitive salary and benefits package