My client is one of the world leading freight forwarding organisations. They supply and assist customers in a variety of industries; from heavy manufacturing, to defence and retail. Due to various contract wins, my client is on-going rapid expansion.
As the National Customs Manager you will have a vast array of knowledge surrounding Import & Export Compliance. You will report into the UK Head of Operations and cover the following responsibilities:
- Managing a team of 10x Shipping and Customs Experts (within CFSP & Audit)
- Manage the Customs/CFSP team in the smooth running of the department. Including staff coaching, training and monitoring of performance, working alongside the CFSP Supervisor.
To collect all shipping documentation (Airway bill, Commercial Invoices, Customs Documents, Proof of Delivery) from Freight Forwarders and Customer Service teams on a daily basis to UK Customs Requirements. Once data is obtained ensure it is tracked and documents correctly to comply with Eaton and HMRC Requirements.
- To Follow up with customer and Freight Forwarders to obtaining missing documentation in a timely manner, this involves working with tight deadline. The Daily leasing with customers and carriers to check products have been delivered and the correct information has been provided and being confident in chasing and dealing with the demands of the business.
- To stay up to date with current legislation and export documentation requirements to ensure compliance.
- To collect and provide the shipping documentation for Letters of Credit, leasing with internal finance, customer service and compliance teams to ensure the understanding of requirements for a letter of credit is met. Contacting and chasing the Freight Forwarders for the documentation required for the letter of credit within a timely manner to ensure Eaton is paid before expiry of the letter of credit.
- To communicate with the Chamber of Commerce to apply for attested documents as per shipping requirements of products being shipped.
The successful National Customs Manager will be a specialist in the field of shipping compliance and be commutable to either Leeds or Birmingham. You will also have the following skills and experience:
- Managerial experience in import and export compliance, ideally within the freight forwarding sector.
- Broad knowledge of all Customs procedures and policy
- Background within CFSP & Customs warehouse procedures would be desirable
- Experience with ATR1 and EUR1's.
- Fluent in HAWB / MAWB and / or Seaway Bills of Laden.
- Commutable to either Leeds or Birmingham with the possibility of remote working.
- £45,000-£70,000 (dependent upon experience)
- Company car allowance
- Bonus of up to 10% of basic salary