This client is a supplier and distributor providing their services globally. This business is based in the Doncaster area and due to a large period of growth they have opened a new and exciting site! They are now looking to add a NIGHT SHIFT Despatch Supervisor to their distribution team.
The business is a Logistics Distribution and Supply Chain specialist!
As NIGHT SHIFT Despatch Supervisor you will be responsible for:
- Reporting any damage or defect whether it be to road or on-site equipment or property to the Operations Manager and Transport Manager
- Ensuring that all doors are secured or manned at all times ensuring no unauthorised entry to site by challenging any personnel not displaying a valid identity pass
- Taking responsibility for all staff training to maximise their efficiency and to ensure training SOPs are completed and recorded on the training database
- Planning resource to meet the financial and commercial needs of MPW, and it's clients and customers
- Encouraging continuous improvement in all areas of contract operations
- Ensuring that errors identified are recorded and fed back to individuals involved with corrective action taken if required
- Communicating effectively with the loading team and other departments
- Ensuring that all loading, transport, driver and customer documentation is completed accurately and in full
The successful NIGHT SHIFT Despatch Supervisor will be able to demonstrate the following:
- Able to plan and prioritise effectively
- Uses initiative and judgement effectively to make correct decisions
- Confidence, enthusiasm and good interpersonal skills
- Able to motivate staff of all abilities through tact, politeness and assertiveness
- Ability to deal with difficult situations resulting in satisfactory closure
On offer to the successful NIGHT SHIFT Despatch Supervisor
- Opportunity to join a business that is going through an exciting transition!
- The business is growing; potential for progression in the future