My client is a world-lead in ocean freight vessel operations and container movements. The business has recently secured over £1million in investment to under-go rapid business expansion in all areas of the global market! Their main focus is around continuing to expand on the successes of their worldwide container freight operation and require an outstanding individual to join the team.
The successful Ocean Freight Executive will report into the Freight Director on a daily basis and harbour the following roles and responsibilities:
- Assist and lead with the day-to-day management and growth of a container freight business.
- Source, seek and deliver new tenders to a variety of ocean freight clients across the UK commodities market.
- Provide solid ocean freight pricing structures to new and existing business.
- Operation of numerous high-value ocean freight accounts.
- Generate new business in an ocean freight market.
The successful candidate will have a strong background in freight commercials, operations or sales and have the following skills and attributes:
- 3+ years' experience dealing with Ocean Freight Sales and/or Operations.
- Desirable experience with container freight.
- Proven history of on-boarding multi-national clients and providing growth in revenue and GP.
- Understanding of multi-national seafreight operations (ideally at an operations desk level).
- Track record of providing excellent customer service.
- A background in the commodities or energy market would be advantageous.
- Outstanding negotiator and history of adding-valuing to contract negotiations.
- Commutable to Bingham, Nottinghamshire.
- A basic salary of between £40,000-£60,000
- Uncapped commission and bonus scheme
- 25+8 days holiday per year
- Contributory pension of up to 8% per year
- Company car provided