My client is a market-leader within the global freight forwarding sector across Europe. After the successful acquisition of two further business the brand is currently growing at an advanced pace. Thus, the business are actively looking to grow the team within the Middlesbrough office by securing a new Ocean Import Forwarder.
As an Ocean Import Forwarder you will commute on a daily basis to my clients Middlesbrough office and report into the Ocean & Air Gateway Manager. You will be responsible for the following areas across the branch:
- Completing customs procedures and working with appointed routed agents and company operated services;
- Preparing and providing documents to customers in accordance with the terms of shipment standard operating procedures;
- Communicating directly with clients to ensure that they are kept up to date in respect of the shipping status of their consignments;
- Ensuring that the client is offered positive communication in the event of a shipping problem, being pro-active to provide a solution where possible.
- Allocating the stock to bookings and processing shipments in accordance with SOP (Standard Operating Procedures)
- Arranging FCL (Full Container Loads), LCL (Less Container Loads) Trailer and Air freight;
- Obtaining, checking and preparing documentation to meet customs and insurance requirements, packing specifications, and compliance with other countries' regulations and fiscal regimes;
The successful Ocean Import Forwarder will be an expert in their field and have a passion to grow in their sector. You will have the following skills and attributes:
- 3+ years experience in an air and ocean freight environment.
- Proven track record within freight forwarding.
- Commutable to Middlesbrough.
- Experience pricing and quoting for various customers.
- History of providing high-level customer service.
- Ideally educated to degree level would be desirably - BA / BEng / BSc.