The client I've partnered up with are a highly recognisable 3PL company which specialises in supplying high quality products to various businesses across the UK. This is a business which has gone through tremendous amounts of growth over the past few years, recently opening a number of new sites and only has plans to continue expanding. You'll be based at the head office, just on the outskirts of Bradford and is easily commutable from most areas within West Yorkshire.
As the Operational Transport Planner you will have the following responsibilities:
- Optimising the usage of driver and other resources to ensure most efficient and cost effective solutions are deployed
- Efficiently plan customer's requirements daily and manage against key KPI's
- Effectively managing confrontational situations acting with diplomacy and demonstrating professionalism in all interactions with drivers, colleagues and customer contact points.
- Timely escalation of issues and change requirements
- Actively manage customer relationships
- Root cause analysis, solution identification and implementation for any service issues that occur
- To supervise and manage the allocated Resource Pool
- To plan the most effective Transport Plan within legal constraints
- To ensure full compliance with Health & Safety requirements.
- To maintain and look to improve Customer Performance
- Produce effective Transport Plans with the legal constraints of the law
- Ensure the daily plan achieves all delivery on time targets and maximises revenue per truck
- Check resource availability for the shift by reviewing the manning levels on a daily basis and planning ahead
- Manage drivers hours in relation to customer requirements and volume demand
The successful candidate for the Operational Transport Planner role will have ideally gained previous experience within a similar role and is looking to progress to the next step in their career. Please see some of the requirements below.
- Previous experience of working within a busy transport office in either a clerical or planning capacity
- Good Communication skills and the ability to use own initiative
- Excellent customer service skills and awareness
- Degree educated (not essential)
- Flexibility in approach to work
- Able to work as part of a team as well as independently
- Planning skills and problem solving skills
- Ability to follow pre-defined steps, methods or approaches but with the ability to modify and adapt when required
£20,000 - £24,000