Torbay based business seeks experienced Operations Manager for role in its growing organisation.
Your new company
International logistics organisation with a site in Torbay seeks a skilled Operations Manager to manage the day to day operations of the site.
Your new role
Your new role as Operations Manager will be to lead and be accountable for the site team and deliver an efficient and effective service to all customers in the Region in line with the wider business strategy. You will lead the implementation of operational improvement, transformation change and increasing profitability against all KPI's. You will also ensure process and regulatory compliance, high standards of service, quality and colleague engagement and best practice adoption in the DC.
Specific duties include:
- Working with and the Regional General Manager to deliver Financial KPIs
- Ensuring the efficient management of the branch's financial accounts
- Control of all overhead budgets.
- Ensuring that the branch implements effective and efficient management of all operating systems
- Ensuring that all branch processes are GDP compliant and buildings and equipment are maintained to maximise their value
- Ensuring the efficient monitoring and control of all Branch inventories include; local purchasing, disposal, inter-branch transfers, stock levels and the investigation and reconciliation of all stock variances in line with Company guidelines
- Lead and engage all colleagues within the branch and role model excellent leadership behaviours
- Oversee the recruitment, training and development of all colleagues employed at the branch
- Support both local and companywide communication programmes to effectively engage all colleagues within branch
- Lead continual development for all colleagues
- Create a succession plan for all key roles with associated development opportunity
- Be accountable for ensuring that the branch's operations comply with the statutory requirements of all regulatory bodies. This will involve the implementation of best practice methodology and adherence to the company's Branch Operating Procedures
What you'll need to succeed
- A proven leader with a track record of motivating and inspiring teams to deliver high performance.
- Demonstrable success in identifying, developing and retaining high performing talent
- Previous experience of delivering success against financial performance indicators in a distribution centre environment
- Experience of full P&L and budgetary management
What you'll get in return
Excellent salary + Company Car + Benefits
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.