My client is in the Logistics, Distribution and Supply Chain sector and is a market leading brand. My client providers a hire solution for customers.
The Operations Manager in Andover will be responsible for...
- Take ownership of urgent / reactive jobs and breakdowns on Boiler and Chiller contracts to ensuring that processes are adhered to, delivering on all safe and profitable orders Check all RAMs from an operational view, ensuring stock matches the requirements set out and nothing has been missed to allow for a successful install / de-install
- Work closely with relevant Sales Managers to ensure customer expectation is managed taking into account all aspects to meet customer demand where possible.
- Promote teamwork between the sales & operations team embedding a positive attitude using the HSYES culture.
- Ensure maximum profit is achieved on transport, cross hire, labour & parts requirements
- Work within agreed company policies & processes being a key leader in ensuring these are followed or escalated if required
- Drive and support the activity of the transnational products through the Transport Manager and their team of contract supervisors
- Ensure warehouse and service teams activity matches business and customer requirements through clear communication to your Warehouse Manager and his team
- Be a key driver in serious about safety by leading from the front, whilst carrying out monthly depot audits to ensure expected standards are being maintained
- Be a key driver in maximising utilisation of stock ensuring fleet is "good to go"
- Lead coach and motivate a team of Managers and Engineers to ensure the best level of internal and external customer service is provided
- Manage performance and development needs of the Operations team on a regular basis.
- Meet and exceed the requirements of the companies KPI Matrix constantly
- Carry out any other duties as required.
The Operations Manager will have...
- Operational/Project Management experience in a reactive, pressurised environment
- Experience leading a team
- Strong communication skills
- Driving licence essential
- Excellent organisational skills
- Previous experience of managing budgets or cost control
- Up to date knowledge of HSEQ regulations within a transport environment
The successful candidate will receive...
- A salary of between £42,000 to £47,000 depending on experience
- Pension Scheme
- Monday to Friday Day Shifts
- 25+8 Days Holiday