My client is in the Logistics Distribution and Supply Chain sector. They are a premium family run business going throuhg a period of massive growth.
The Operations Manager in Shepton Mallet will be repsonsible for...
- Solves problems related to production and operations to minimize costs and delays.
- Assures optimum utilization of equipment, raw materials and labor.
- Plans and directs production activities and establishes production priorities for products in keeping with effective operations and cost factors.
- Develops and implements operating methods and procedures designed to eliminate problems and improve quality.
- Ensures that all employees follow best practices on a daily basis.
- Communicates with other key leaders to ensure proper material and product handling, maintenance, accounting and inventory control activities and procedures.
- Ensures that managers and their supervisors are trained properly and have established developmental plans for all direct and indirect reports. Conducts annual performance assessments for direct reports.
- Builds High Performance teams by recruiting, training, and developing subordinates as well as setting expectations and goals that align with strategic Plan and Operations' strategy.
- Conducts Root Cause Analysis and issues corrective actions to prevent the reoccurrence of issues affecting manufacturing performance
- Ensure that adequate supplies, materials and parts are on hand to keep the Distribution Cent er operating smoothly.
- Ensure the performance of minor maintenance and repairs on Distribution Centre equipment and machinery.
The Operations Manager will have...
- Previous experience at Operations Management or above level within Warehouse management
- Previous experience within a food manufacturing environment
- Experience of managing multiple departments from Logistics, Manufacturing to Sales
- Experience of managing teams of over 20+
- Previous budget management experience
The successful candidate will receive...
- A salary of £50,000-£60,000 depending on experience
- Pension Scheme
- 25+8 Days Holiday
- Monday to Friday Day Shifts