Our client is the UK's leading time-critical parcel delivery carrier and as a multiple award- winning business, are also a great organisation to join.
The key responsibilities of being the successful Operations Manager will include:
- Reporting directly to the General Manager and be a key member of the management team. Working in a time critical distribution environment
- Responsibility for actively managing the day-to-day running and operational procedures/performance of the depot through a number of 1st Line Managers.
- Leading and motivating a large team in the pursuit of demanding cost, productivity and quality targets.
- Ensuring the client meets and exceeds challenging network service levels will be a key requirement of this role.
- You will have the opportunity to undertake specific projects where you will make a tangible contribution to the development of future plans and strategies for the depot
The successful Operations Manager must be able to:
Operate in an environment where working efficiently under pressure and at pace will be key to success, you should have strong people management experience, involving direct accountability and responsibility for motivating and leading a high performing team.
In addition, the client will also expect you to:
- Be a logistics professional with strong operational management experience.
- Demonstrate outstanding communication skills both verbal and written
- Have proven decision making and problem resolution skills
- The ability to successfully implement change.
To ensure the client meets challenging service targets, you must have strong levels of IT literacy, in order to utilise some of the industry's most advanced technology and deliver an outstanding service to our customers.
Practical, first-hand knowledge of the parcel distribution sector would be preferred but not essential.
You must be willing to work 5 Shifts across all 7 days, this will include weekends
You must hold a full driving licence.
The successful Operations Manager candidate will recieve an attractive remuneration package that includes an excellent basic salary, bonus and car and the chance to join a rapidly developing organisation, able to offer genuine career and personal development opportunities.