Our client is part of the world's largest provider of furniture rental, trade shows and event furnishings and relocation and transition services group.
Manage the control, condition, and security of inventory including its proper storage, handling, disposal, transferring, cleaning and repairing consistent with best practice guidelines.
- Inspect physical condition of warehouse and furniture in order to maintain agreed standards.
- Responsible for proper staging, loading and unloading of furniture.
- To ensure logistics consistently maintain a high level of customer service and professional interface at all points of customer contact.
- Maintain agreed quality standards throughout logistics, regularly reviewing process to achieve continuous improvements. Review and communicate quality performance to the management team on a regular basis.
- Manage the scheduling, routing, and control of all trucking activity to ensure efficient delivery and pick-up of furniture within the UK.
- Manage full-time and/or temporary warehouse and delivery staff to fulfill the seasonal requirements of the business.
- Responsible for truck leasing, maintenance, and safety as well as all related record keeping functions.
- To act as the Company's Health & Safety Officer - maintaining and improving all Company Health & Safety issues and ensure legal compliance with IOSH certification.
- Provide necessary safety education (including Fire Regulations, Electricity at Work, COSSH, Protective Equipment, First Aid, Accident Reporting, RIDDOR, Health & Safety Awareness, Display Screen Assessment, monthly safety meetings, videos) etc.
- Manage purchases (as relates to the activities of the division,) and controlling costs against budgets.
- IOSH certification and current CPC for Transport Managers (Road Haulage) is essential.
A very competitive basic salary, car allowance and private health care is all on offer for the successful candidate.