Our client are a leading 3PL working in partnership with one of the major Supermarkets in the UK.
Reporting to the Contract General Manager, the Operations Manager will be responsible for all aspects of running a busy, complex operation and managing the day to day relationships with the customer and other stakeholders in order to meet all key performance indicators and exceed customer expectations.
- Responsible for all Health & Safety on the Site and ensuring full compliance with company policies and legislation
- Responsible for Operational excellence across a 7 day a week large scale operation
- Provide strong leadership and guidance to all members of the team and be the escalation point for First Line Managers
- Delivering against targets within the agreed budget
- Maintain great Customer relationships and be key point of contact for the Customer
- Ensuring the development of the team to meet current and future operational needs
- Able to demonstrate strong problem solving and analytical capabilities and conduct deep dive analysis on complex processes
- Ability to work effectively with a number of stakeholders with various priorities
- Keep senior managers advised of any issues and escalate more serious matters as appropriate
- Be committed to continuous improvement of the operation, striving for increased efficiency, productivity and growth
- Work with the team to develop and maintain a positive and engaged workforce.
The ideal candidate will have experience working at a similar level within Logistics Operations and will meet most of the following criteria:
- Able to communicate with and inspire all colleagues to achieve a high standard of customer service and productivity
- Organised and structured with a proactive, flexible and "can do" attitude to resolve issues and challenges
- Ability to ensure attention to detail and an accurate and precise way of working
- Ability to demonstrate strong leadership skills and be highly visible in the Operation
- Flexibility regarding working hours
- Possess a positive attitude with a keen and enthusiastic approach that inspires the team
- High standards with regards to Health and Safety
- Ability to train others to a high standard and coach them in their day to day activities
You will receive a competitive salary and benefits along with the chance for further development and progression.